Friday, June 6, 2008

Hostess “Cupcake”
CakeDevils food cake mix
½ c. butter
1/3 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
White frosting
½ c. cocoa
3 2/3 c. powder sugar
For Cake: Follow directions on box and bake in 2 round cake pans. Let cool.Place 1 cake on plate and frost only the top with white frosting then place second cake on top.
Fudge frosting: Combine butter, milk and sugar in microwave safe bowl and microwave until boiling. Stir once each minute. Add cocoa and vanilla and mix until smooth.Pour over cake and allow to drip over the sides of the cake. If you want use white frosting and create loops on top.



I'm on the relief society enrichment committee for my ward. I put together a recipe exchange girls night. It was a blast and we're already planning the next one!! All the girls brought their recipe to share and their recipe on a card. So we got to enjoy the recipes and just talked about ideas for meals. I made these centerpieces for the tables. They are so cute and were so easy. I put gobstoppers candy inside the glasses and glued the flower to the outside of the glass and put the stem inside. Then put the bow on the outside. Everyone thought they were cute and now I use one for a centerpiece on my table! My favorite recipe of the night was Amber's "Hostess Cupcake". I love chocolate so this recipe won hands down in my book. Delicious!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! I love the centerpieces! and that cake looks delicious!!

the Petterson Family said...

Cute idea!